- Designed to give members an opportunity to fish “distant waters.” Members will be challenged by unfamiliar water conditions and rewarded by the catching of targeted species using both familiar and newly acquired fishing techniques.
- Intended for members with an advanced beginner skill levels and better than average fishing and wading skills.
- Destination trips often include overnight accommodations, shared meals and require out of state license fees.
- Attendees should have their own gear, be able to fish independently and possess an adventurous spirit.
- Register early for trips by email or phone call to the assigned trip Leader. Some trips might be limited by the size of the stream or scheduled accommodations.
Destination trips have included such adventure spots as:
- the Upper Rapidan River Wildlife Management Area fishing for wild brook trout in the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA,
- the north fork of the south branch of the Potomac River in WV living in luxury cabins while pursuing large stocked rainbow trout
- the Ruby River and surrounding rivers and streams in western Montana
- the Savage River tail waters in western MD stumbling across slick lime stone coated boulders fishing for the elusive brown trout
- the Ausable River and nearby brook trout streams in the NY Adirondack Mountains
- two renown trout streams in central PA, Spring Creek and Penns Creek
- the majestic Elk River, a premier trout stream in southeastern WV
- kayaking around Kent Island to hunt for striped bass, spot and any other salty species which might accommodate us.
All participants in CWA fishing activities will be asked to sign a Liability Release Form at the beginning of each outing. This form is the disclaimer, and also serves as a record for CWA files.
If a participant has a health limitation or factors that may affect participation, please notify the leader prior to the scheduled event via e-mail or phone.
All participants should have the appropriate fishing license for the location.